Daousser Chennoufi graduated from a Tunisian National School of Architecture and Urbanism (ITAUT), studying architecture for 7 years. After that he immediately got into the professional life as a Project Manager of an Architectural Consultancy in Tunis, Tunisia, supervising several residential projects in Tabarka, Tunis and Djerba.
From 2001 Chennoufi started to work on establishing a business in Dubai, having launched Trans Dazz Design, a part of Trans Dazz Group, with the main focus on hospitality sector projects. In 2004 he founded El Mamounia Concept Showroom, Dubai, UAE, expanding the services of the firm into offering for sale unique furniture items brought from the well-known movies worldwide.
In 2006 Chennoufi succeeded in launching Draw Link Group - an architectural, interior design and fit-out company specializing in hospitality projects, composed of Draw Link Interior, Draw Link Architecture, Draw Link Projects and Draw Link Technical Works, with its head office in Dubai, UAE. Each of the components of the firm was launched in order to strengthen the quality of the provided services at every stage of creating a project. In 2008 Draw Link Group launched its office in Tunisia, targeting branded hotels. Soon after that, the company’s project list included 2 Radisson’s hotels, and 2 hotels by Hilton. In 2009 Draw Link Group expanded to Qatar, and in 2012 – to Belarus and China.
Working on every new project, Chennoufi aimed to create a new hotel concept, shifting from a traditional vision of a hotel to a new lifestyle contemporary hotel concept. With its blend of creativity and innovation in 2011 Draw Link Group gave birth to Hues Boutique Hotel that became the first representative of Hues Hotels & Resorts – a full-service hospitality management company. This way Chennoufi has become one of the partners (along with Bin Suloom Group) and a concept creator of a young award-winning hotel chain of contemporary designed hotels. In 2013 Hues Hotels & Resorts has launched 72 By Hues hotel, which after 2 years of operation has become the best 5 star hotel in Sharjah, UAE. The upcoming Hues hotel is planned to open its doors in March, 2016 in Sharjah.
During the last 5 years of Draw Link’s operation, Chennoufi has been focused on sourcing innovative products and creating alliances with a network of valued partners to combine mutual expertise and bring the highest quality products to market. Among them are Aviavision Global - China based global trade company, Durasein – pure acrylic solid surfaces manufacturer, Polarstone and Novasurface – quartz products producers, all based in China. In 2015 Draw Link Group has launched Polarstone and Novasurface showrooms in Shanghai, China.
With a Tunisian heritage to inspire him, Daousser Chennoufi has a barrage of more than 15 successful projects to his name, over 20 interior design awards, has been an expert speaker at ‘Leaders in design MENA Summit’15’, and listed in top hoteliers list ‘Power 50 2014’ and ‘Power 50 2015’ by Hotelier ME.
Completed Projects Summary
- Radisson Royal Hotel, 5 star, Dubai, UAE;
- InterContinental Dubai Marina Hotel & Hotel Apartments, 5 star, Dubai, UAE;
- 72 By Hues hotel, 5 star, Sharjah, UAE
- El Omnia Movenpick Hotel, 5 star, Tunisia
- Belvedere Hotel, 5 star, Tunisia
- Hilton Djerba Resort, 5 star, Tunisia
- Hues Boutique Hotel, 4 star, Dubai, UAE
- The Act Hotel, 4 star, Sharjah, UAE
- Ibis Styles Hotel, 4 star, Dubai, UAE
- Hawthorn Hotel & Suites by Whyndham, 4 star, Dubai, UAE
- West Avenue Tower Apartments, Dubai, UAE
- Roberto’s Restaurant, Dubai, UAE
- Urban Bistro, Dubai, UAE
- ID Award by Identity Design Magazine for InterContinental Dubai Marina, Best Hotel Interior Category;
- Award from International Property Awards 2015 for Intercontinental Dubai Marina, Highly Commended Hotel Interior, Dubai, UAE;
- Shortlisted with InterContinental Dubai Marina by Commercial Interior Design Awards 2015 in Interior of the Year Category;
- Award from IAIR for the Draw Link Group Best Company for leadership Interior Design UAE 2014;
- Award from World Luxury Hotels for the Best Boutique Hotel in UAE 2014, project Hues Boutique Hotel;
- Award from Middle East Hotel Awards 2014 for the Best Boutique Hotel in UAE 2014, project H72 by Hues;
- Nomination from Arabian Property Awards for the Best Mixed-use Architecture Qatar 2014, project Al Bustan Hotel Apartment;
- Award from International Hotel Awards in association with Yamaha for the Best International Hotel Architecture 2013, project SNIM Hotel Mauretania;
- Award from International Property Awards Africa in association with Yamaha for the Best Architecture Multiple Residence Tunisia 2013, project Housing Marsa City;
- Nomination from International Hotel Awards in association with Yamaha for the Best Hotel Interior Sharjah 2013, project H72 Hotel;
-Award from Arabian Hotel Awards in association with Bloomberg for the Best Hotel Interior Arabia 2011, project Radisson Royal;
- Award from Arabian Hotel Awards in association with Bloomberg for the Best Hotel Interior Dubai 2011, project Radisson Royal;
- Nomination from International Hotel Awards in association with Bloomberg for the Best New Hotel Construction and Design Dubai 2011, project Hues Boutique Hotel;
- Nomination from African Property Awards in association with Bloomberg for the Best Architecture Single Residence Tunisia 2011, project Khalfaoui Villa;
-Award from MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND HERITAGE OF TUNISIA for Best Project Dougga Museum 2010;
- CITYSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS, DUBAI 2010, in category Special Award “Master Planning” for a project Interpretation Center of the Archeological Site of Dougga;
- Award from Arabian Commercial Property Awards in association with Bloomberg for the Architecture Award (Public Service) 2010 Tunisia, project Interpretation Center of the Archeological Site of Dougga;
- 2nd Prize in competition for BEST PROJECT 2010 for OPEN SKY THEATRE IN SOUSSE, for Ministry of Interiors, Tunisia;
- Double nomination for MIDDLE EAST ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2010 for the best Boutique Architecture Firm of the year and best hospitality project, Art Gallery Hotel;
- Double nomination for COMMERCIAL DESIGN AWARDS 2010 for Best residential and Best Hospitality project;
-CITYSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS, DUBAI 2009, in category LEISURE “FUTURE” for a project ART GALLERY HOTEL;
- COMMERCIAL INTERIOR DESIGN AWARDS DUBAI 2009, in category Interior design of the year, Leisure and Entertainment for project HOTEL JAL, SPA AND OUTDOOR SWIMMING POOL;
-CITYSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS, DUBAI 2008, in category Tourism, Travel &Transport “FUTURE” for BAB’BHAR RESORT.